Note: Refer to attached information sheet for details about who may apply for grants and the application process. All applicants must complete sections 1 to 3 inclusive.
Tatachilla Camping Ministry Fund Guidelines
The object of the CYFM Tatachilla Camping Ministry Fund (interest from the sale of Tatachilla Camp and Recreation Centre) is to provide grants for specific camping ministry projects within the LCA SA–NT District. Applicants will need to demonstrate how the proposed project will benefit Child, Youth and Family Ministry in the District of SA–NT and will be ultimately directed toward the transformation of young people's lives in Christ.
Fund approvals can be dependent on previous funding requests and the amount of surplus in the relevant Camping Event account. Proposed projects outside of leader and camper subsidy should be innovative so that camping ministry across the state can learn and benefit from the outcomes of the project.
Applicants provided with grants will be expected to provide an annual report detailing the outcome of the project, including details of those aspects of the project that were successful and those that did not succeed as planned.
Grant applications are considered according to the following recommendations, as approved by District Church Council on 12/12/2011:
2) Up to $15,000 per annum be available to subsidise the provision of training and resources for camping ministry and new camping initiatives. Approval and distribution of funds by Children, Youth and Family Ministry department.
3) Up to $12,000 per annum be available to subsidise registration fees for camp leaders and camp participants. Approval and distribution of funds to be set by Children, Youth and Family Ministry department.
Following are some examples of projects that may qualify for a grant from this Fund:
– Subsidising cost to camp leaders and directors so that camper costs are kept down and budgets do not go into deficit.
– Subsidising cost to campers who cannot gain sponsorship from a church in their zone and so would not be able to attend.
– A camping ministry team plans to hold a training course for youth leaders across their zone and/or district. Financial assistance is required for training costs.
– A director or leader wishes to attend a training program and they will use this training to train other leaders in their zone. Financial assistance is required for training program fees and travel expenses.
Understanding the application form
- 'Current contact details' – These details will be recorded and considered in regard to future applications.
- 'New Initiatives' – Projects may fall outside of camps. We are interested in any new ideas that you may have in regard to extending camping ministry in SA–NT.
- 'Project Financial Details' – We encourage you to fundraise and seek support from the local church.
- Please attach a breakdown of your camp budget detailing the need for your request – a typical budget might include:
– all food, campsite hire, camp supplies (craft materials etc), honorariums for facilitators and speakers, possible emergencies, travel reimbursement, mailout cost, printing of the camp program and materials, other administration costs, thank you gifts, buses.
- Applications must be lodged with:
LCA SA–NT District Office
137 Archer Street
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- Application forms are forwarded to the CFYYAM Ministry Team for approval/consideration. The team meets monthly.
- CFYYAM Team Leader will advise the application of the approval/non-approval of the application.
- After approval, the District Office will administer the funds through LLL.
**For funds held in District in excess of $2,000:
– Applications for camber subsidies will not be accepted.
– Applications for leader training subsidies will be considered favourably.